Sunday, September 19, 2010

FuturBooks

Had a conversation at a party last night with a web-designer who had just been hired a few months ago at Amazon.com.  Given his youth he wondered if books would disappear given the rise of Kindle and other readers.  I thought not since books, that is a library, is still one of the top five design themes for interior decoration.  Also, the coffee table books as an accent will never go away.  We'd always have books.  Another young woman, too a web designer, offered that what books we'll have in the future will be beautifully bound, as keepers.  (I think that has been done, but who knows, maybe it will come back.)  I offered that to this day when confounded I will grab a dictionary or a thesaurus off the shelf to consult, since that is faster than a computer.  I might as well have said I still use an abacus, for the looks I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment